PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Computer, ICT related disciplines)/Computer Sciences/ICT/Management/Business Administration from HEC recognized local or foreign university.
Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Computer, ICT related disciplines)/Computer Sciences/ICT/Management/Business Administration from HEC recognized local or foreign university.
Candidates with PhD’s Degree are required ten (10) years of experience including three years at senior management level positions within ICT Industry or relevant public sector organizations.
Candidates with Master’s Degree are required fourteen (14) years of experience including three years at senior management level positions within ICT Industry or relevant public sector organizations.
(Senior level implies not below than N-3 level of reporting in an organization, where N denotes the Head of the Organization).
The Candidate’s professional credentials should include the following:
- Experience of liaison with International and regional organizations in the field of ICTs.
- Excellent people management skills, and ability to work with public sector leadership.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience of representing country’s perspective at international forums.
- Demonstrated ability to bring investment in IT Sector.
- Demonstrated ability to promote IT related exports.
Maximum 62 years (to be calculated as on the closing date of submission of applications)
- Carry out research on international policies and best practices being adopted by developing as well as developed nations.
- Define holistic view of National ICT Policy from international and regional perspective.
- Preparing of country point of view for presentation at multilateral forums after seeking inputs/views from relevant stakeholders at the national level.
- Evaluate ICT sector profile of a country for preparation of proposals for Joint Ministerial Commissions, Joint Economic Commissions or any bilateral forum in the field of ICTs.
- Prepare country proposals for seeking technical collaboration of an international or regional organization in a specific field of ICTs.
- Coordinate with International and Regional organizations for representation of Pakistan/Ministry of IT in international and regional events.
- Secure training opportunities from national/international agencies and coordinate efficiently with different stakeholders in the country.
- Process fellowship opportunities and ensure that the fellowships are fully availed.
- Maintain a database of post visit reports, submitted by the nominee after the participation in the event.
- Obtain and disseminate relevant documents pertaining to international or regional event to/from the concerned internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive database of training opportunities secured along with the relevant information of the beneficiaries for even disbursement among the stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for hosting of ICT sector events in Pakistan.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The initial period of contract appointment is three years (extendable).
The position offers salary package/benefits as admissible under the Government MPs Scale package.
CONDITION TO APPLY:
In case of selection, candidate working in public/private Sector will have to either resign or seek early retirement, severing his/her connection/lien with his/her parent cadre/Ministry/Division/Organizations etc. before joining.
Candidates meeting the required criteria should submit their application at the URL address given below within Fifteen (15) days of publication of the advertisement. Candidates who prefer applying through post are required to fill in “Application Form for MP Scales” available on URL given below alongwith CV and submit hardcopy of the same at the address mentioned below within the specified period. Envelopes should clearly indicate the specific “Name of Post” against which application is being submitted. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. The Ministry believes in gender equality.
Section Officer (Admn)
Ministry of Information Technology
7th Floor, Kohsar Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad
Tele: 9209785, 9210228